11 critical days are left to save Fabella Hospital before the new President Duterte take over the administration from leaving President Aquino.
WSM partner Alliance of Health Workers (AHW), health workers, patients and the community continue its mobilisation. Inside the world’s busiest maternity ward where 100 babies are born every day:
- 300 mothers arrive at the Dr Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital each day;
- The hospital serves a Manila slum named Tondo, built on a rubbish dump;
- Mothers share a delivery room with at least five other birthing women;
- Head midwife Anna Prebus has delivered around 200,000 babies;
- New babies and their mothers sleep five or more to a bed;
- Hospital is the subject of new BBC documentary World’s Busiest Maternity Ward